From London Street Signs: A visual history of London’s street nameplates by Alistair Hall.

“Railway Cottages NW10. This street and its houses were built in 1889 by the London and North Western Railway for its employees. Acton became an Urban District in 1894, a Municipal Borough in 1921, and then became part of the London Borough of Ealing in 1965.”